Our client, a recognised global leader within their industry, has an exciting opportunity for a professional and articulate Supply Chain Project manager (Automation/Automated Warehouse) to join their Head Office based in Atherstone.
Salary: £55,915.00 rising to £81,415.00 per year
|Driven by experience, the candidate will be a highly capable Operations or Project Manager who has worked with different types of equipment and machinery throughout their career. They will be focused on delivering the highest standard through effective operations or project management for automated materials handling equipment in a distribution environment. Preferred relevant experience includes Food Retail, however, this is not mandatory.
The Manager will lead a Project team to successfully deliver a large scale automated warehouse, ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
Key to the role is not only to manage the day to day but also think strategically about operational improvements and work proactively with the leaders of the business to increase productivity and efficiency of the site.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Leads, manages, develops and trains their Project team.
· Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages Aldi’s partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
· Ensuring the Project meets or exceeds the required levels of availability, performance and are delivering against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
· Management of Capex budget through to delivery.
· Identification and leading of investigations, mitigation implementation and recovery processes for any failures or loss of performance throughout the project.
· Development and training of the team, conducting appraisals and providing support.
· Identification, development, and coordination of Continuous Improvement projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities (e.g. modifications) in conjunction with the Operations Team.
· Managing resources to assess and support the feasibility of projects in conjunction with the Operations Team.
· Awareness of new technologies and applications, which could enhance the performance of the equipment and operations.
· Development, critique and presentation of proposals and reports, with supporting business cases.
· Daily liaison with onsite Operations to understand operational needs.
· Reporting and communicating of status, performance, and availability of the system.
· Leading and maintaining communications between the construction team, the operational team, the Automation suppliers and other third parties.
· Performing administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, managing policies, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
· Conducting personnel administration and support of hiring and induction processes.
· Reviewing and authorisation of claims, invoicing and payments for Spares, Warranty, Wear and Tear Parts.
· Managing change requests.
Behaviours & Characteristics:
· Self-motivated and focused.
· Leadership with integrity and empathy.
· Ability to delegate.
· A strong well-reasoned negotiator.
· A good communicator across all levels of the business.
· Good technical knowledge, coupled with analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring team members.
· Proactive and flexible approach.
· Strong administration and organisation abilities.
· Adaptable, clear thinking and calm under pressure.
· Good internal and external networking.
The following attributes are essential: